Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Summer

I spent quite a bit of time this summer helping my mother settle into her new digs.  My Father passed away February 2012 and my mother sold the old home place in May 2013.  She waited a year, so that she didn't make any decisions based on grief or emotion.  She couldn't move in for 6 weeks so she stayed with my brother and his family.  We moved her into her house in town and then my girls and I spent weeks there over the summer helping her paint, arrange furniture and hang pictures.

We spent a lot of time reading, and hanging out.  There was church camp and time with friends.  We also discovered Dr. Who last spring but didn't have time to catch up.  So... Yea we became rabid Dr. Who fans.  Thank you Netflix!  The general consensus is that the 10th Doctor is our favorite.  11 is ok, but 10 is the ONE!  Rose Tyler is the Stuff, but Donna Noble's end story had me lying in a puddle on the floor.  Why?!  WHYYY?!  We also had our summer Harry Potter Marathon, because that never gets old! 

We started meditating.  In preparation for the school year and all the stress that comes with it.  We've started reading about reiki and the God Power.  Very interesting stuff. We do find the meditation to be very helpful in our connection with God. 

I am still out of work, and looking.  I was really hoping to avoid retail so I could find something that could be a career and not just a job.  It's been a long hard road, but I still feel faithful that God will provide!  It might be retail or any old thing, but that's going to be ok.  I don't have any problems working retail, it's an honorable profession but I want something more! 

Ugh! My weight.  Not only have I not lost weight, but I think I have gained weight.  Gah!  I have got to get it together!  So truth be told I have about 150 lbs to lose.  Pretty embarrassing.  I can write that here because no one really reads this blog much anyway.  Maybe I should use this to log my nutrition etc. 


Photobucket

No comments: