Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Accidentally Yours


Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery


#13 New (to me) author


Rated 5 stars


Back Cover

Single mom seeks billionaire's pocketbook to fund dying son's research cure. Will seduce if necessary. Blackmail is not out of the question. Miracles welcome.

Cynical billionaire seeks working mom with a heart of gold for PR campaign to improve his standing in the community. Must to willing to attend social events. Anyone looking for love, need not apply.

It seemed like the perfect match...until the unthinkable happened.


My Opinion

I really loved this story. I loved that Kerri was willing to go to these extremes to help her son. I loved that even in times of struggle, she was able to give her son as normal a life as possible. I also felt like her guilt at being attracted to Nathan was there. I think I would have felt the same thing. If I'd prayed that prayer, and felt like I was supposed to sacrifice my happiness for my child, then when I was a'lustin over luscious Nathan, and something bad happens to my child...You better believe I'd feel to blame. Is it rational....Nope! Is it what I'd feel...Yep! I think that's SO realistic. I LOVED Tim and Lance! I loved the romance also between Abram and Linda.


Nathan was a true tortured hero. It's impossible to imagine how he felt in letting his son "go". The guilt he felt at working so much, and losing his own child. His only coping mechanism was to drown in work, and distance himself from human connection. It's safer that way! I understand why he would feel that. I love the transition for Nathan, in his own personal growth, and in his relationship with Frankie. In my mind's eye Frankie gets well, and hooks up with Grant! Yeeeaa!


Susan Mallery reminds me of Nora Roberts in all the ways that I love! Her ability to touch my heart and make me giggle. I love a heroine who is driven, but is able to maintain a healthy heart. I love a hero and heroine who can be sarcastic with one another. I adore a story with humor, and wit. This was that kind of story for me! LOVE IT!!

No comments: