Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Rustler


by Linda Lael Miller


3rd in the Stone Creek Series


pages 374


rated 4 stars


Back Cover:

Where does an outlaw go when he's ready to turn straight? For Wyatt Yarbro, reformed rustler and train robber. Stone Creek is his place of redemption. And lovely Sarah Tamlin is the perfect angel to help him clean up his act...

But Sarah keeps a dark secret behind her prim and proper facade, even as her heart is lost to charming, sexy Wyatt. When a vengeful enemy prepares to unleash havoc on the peaceful town. Wyatt and Sarah will discover that they can't hide from the past. To win the fight, they must believe in something they never trusted before---the hope of tomorrow.


My Thoughts:

I enjoy Ms. Miller's Stone Creek novels. I liked Wyatt, and his redemption. I liked Lonesome. Who wouldn't!? I also liked Sarah, and felt like her "secrets" were overplayed. I did like that one of her secrets was that she was a part of a secret "Women's Poker Society". Fun!! The story was all good, however I did feel like the end was tidied up a little to suddenly. It was a fast and good read. It was not my favorite of the "Stone Creeks" but it was a good solid read.


No comments: