Sunday, June 28, 2009

Book Reviews

I'm really very far behind in reviewing and posting my books for the Summer Reading Challenge 09. So, I'll be summing them up here.





The Duke and I by Julia Quinn



#10-title with Title (royalty)~~~Rated 4.5 stars




I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Daphne was so much fun, and Simon, well I just love an underdog. He started off as a tortured hero, and the interplay between him and Daphne was great fun. I also loved the whole Bridgerton family. Super fun and heartwarming.














The Nerd Who Loved Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson




#7 Unlikely Hero/Heroine ~~~Rated 4 Stars




A Vegas Showgirl and a Nerdy Accountant. Match made in Heaven right? Lainie Terrel finds herself on the run with Harry Ambrewster. I totally loved this couple. The chemistry was Hot, and the entire cast of characters were so much fun. Outside of the villain, there was not a character I didn't love. I will read more about Ms. Thompson's nerds!











MacKenzie's Mission by Linda Howard



#4 Title published before 2000 ~~~Rated 3.75 Stars



I have definately a mixed opinion of this book. I loved Joe MacKenzie sooo much from MacKenzie's Mountain. He was 16, and so interesting. However, fast forward and He wasn't all that intersting to me. I liked him, but didn't see the depth in him that I'd seen from him previously. I liked Caroline so much though. I found her complex and tough, but with that soft vulnerability that was so appealing. I figured out some of the mystery, but that is fine with me. I don't particularly like mystery, so for me it is more about how are they going to resolve it.









Vampire, Interrupted by Lynsay Sands


#8 Title with Author "S" name like me! ~~~Rated 4 Stars


This is the story of Marguerite Argeneau, the Matriarch of the Argeneau clan. We've seen her try to match her sons and daughter and nephews, Brother-in-law......You get the picture. She is on her first assignment as a private investigator with "Tiny" her mortal boss. Christian Notte as hired them to help research and find out who his mother was. She meets Christian's father Julius who refuses to tell anyone who Christian's mother was. As it happens, Julius turns out to be Marguerite's true Lifemate. She has trust issues since her late husband was able to both read her and control her. I liked Julius and Marguerite. I liked Tiny alot, and want him to find an Immortal as a Lifemate. I love those Notte men. So hot and fun. These Argeneau's are such a hit. I love them all.


2 comments:

Debbie's World of Books said...

I love the Bridgerton family series! One of my all time favorite series.

Cindy W said...

The Viscount Who Love Me (Bridgerton) is a FAVE! I wondered where you were! Have you gone to camp yet? Hope all is well, C