Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the Way to the Wedding


byJulia Quinn

Last in the Bridgerton Series::::sniff sniff::::

Rated 5 stars


Title with a W word.


Back Cover:

A funny thing happened...

Unlike most men of his acquaintance, Gregory Bridgerton believes in true love. And he is convinced that when he finds the woman of his dreams, he will know in an instant that she is the one. And that is exactly what happened.

Except, she wasn't the one. In fact, the ravishing Hermione Watson is in love with another. But her best friend, the ever practical Lady Lucinda Abernathy, wants to save Hermione from a disastrous alliance, so she offers to help Gregory win her over. But in the process, Lucy falls in love. With Gregory!!!

Except...Lucy is engaged. And her uncle is not inclined to let her back out of the betrothal, even once Gregory comes to his senses and realizes that it is Lucy, with her sharp wit and sunny smile, who makes his heart sing. And now, on the way to the wedding, Gregory must risk everything to ensure that when it comes time to kiss the bride, he is the only man standing at the alter.


My Thoughts:

I was so hesitant to start this book. I have loved just about every book from this series. (Francesca's story When He Was Wicked being the only acception, since I just liked it.) So, I was sad to see it come to an end, and was therefore hesitant. You can surely understand my dilemma. We'd met Gregory briefly, very briefly in some of the other books, but by no means were those meeting enough for me to become invested in his character. (which was the reason I only liked Francesca's story, I'd not really even met her before.) Anyway, so I was kinda, uh....not sure. But, I have an illness that requires I finish a series once I start it. Even if I don't really like the series. So, I grab the book and settle in for what I was dreading would be a mediocre read. So, our hero meets the ravishing Hermione and her trusty sidekick Lucy at a house party being thrown by his brother Anthony and Kate his lovely wife. Gregory is immediately smitten with Hermione, who is the most beautiful woman of the season. Lucy, however is the lovely (although who really notices around Hermione.) lady with an actual personality and a brain, and a sense of humor.


Lucy is however, engaged to another, who Gregory happens to know from school. This engagement is arranged by her uncle as a final payout to the intendeds uncle who has been blackmailing the uncle for years. As it turns out the intended is well, not that interested in Lucy. In reality Gregory knows that he will never be interested in Lucy or any other Lady for that matter. (if ya know what I mean.)


Lucy falls for Gregory. Gregory falls for Lucy. Her uncle won't let her out of the betrothal. So she thinking that it is the right thing to do, to marry him anyway, goes thru with the wedding even though her heart belongs to Gregory. Gregory, figures out what she is about to do and runs across town to stop the wedding. He rushes into the church just in time to say," Don't!!" Don't marry him, marry me. I love you!! She says....

No spoilers here!!! You'll just have to read it to find out how it ends.


But I will say, that I fell for Gregory too. He is totally awesome, and such a romantic. I just wanna grab him and squeeze him and hold him tight. I give it 5 stars. Awesome!!!






Photobucket

No comments: