Friday, February 15, 2013

And We're Back~

I know, it's been a while, but I've been kinda busy.  We made it through the holidays, (the first without my Dad) and it was kinda tough, but we did it.  Then there was my oldest's birthday!  She's 15!  I don't know how that happened, yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital!  Then within days, it was the 1 year anniversary of my Dad's passing!  We made it through that too. 

As many of you know, (I say "many" as if there are more than 2 people who even check in here) my husband was in a pretty bad car accident fall of 2011 where he suffered a pretty solid brain injury!  He's still working on the healing from that.  Last week, my oldest was in gym class and got banged on the head twice, rather severely!  The school nurse called and said, I should come and get her.  Her speech was v-e-r-y v-e-r-y- s-l-o-w.  (which is NOT like her!)  She's a pretty typical teenager and talks a mile a minute!  So off to the ER we go.  I'd been through this once before and was not going to miss this diagnosis and immediate treatment.  In the words of the ER Doc.  She "Got her Bell Rung" and was restricted from all screen time for 48 hours.  No, tv, computer, cell phone, no texting, to text.  He stops there and looks at me with my kindle out, and her with her book in her lap and says.  "Any text.   No Reading!"   Ah, now see that's a challenge!  She was not liking the tv/computer thing, but he lost her at no reading!

Well, we survived the 48 hours by sleeping!  Lots of sleeping!  She went back to school after the 2 days and now has about 5 quizes to make up and 15+ hours of homework to catch up! 

Oh, and on top of that, I have a wedding shower cake and cupcakes to do for this weekend.  I'll try to post pictures! 
Photobucket

No comments: