Monday, October 6, 2008

Heaven, Texas


Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips


pgs 371


rated 5


#9 Title with a place


Back Cover


Come heck or high water, Gracie Snow is determined to track down the legendary ex-jock Bobby Tom Denton and drag him back home to Heaven, Texas, to begin shooting his first motion picture. But taming an egotistical cowboy in a '57 T-Bird might be more than this prim Ohio wallflower can handle.


Despite his dazzling good looks and killer charm, Bobby Tom has reservations about being movie star -- and no plans to cooperate with the bossy little virgins whom he can't get off his mind or out of his life. Instead, the hellraising playboy decides to make her over from plain Janet Texas wildcat.


But nothing's more dangerous than a wildcat with an angel's heart in a town too small for a bad boy to hide. And all hell breaks loose when two unforgettable people discover love, laughter, passion -- and a match that can be made only in Heaven.


I loved this book. Of course, Susan Elizabeth Phillips books are an auto-read for me! No one writes flawed characters who aren't pathetic like Ms. Phillips. I love that Gracie, has her weaknesses and insecurities, but also has integrity, and a stength of character. I love that while she is shy and sheltered, she's also curious and willing to take risks. I love the scene on the trip in the hotel room, where Bobby Tom catches her eyeing the "Adult" channel schedules. She's too embarrassed to admit to being curious, but he just turns the channel on and watches her blush 18 shades of red. Gracie, is above all someone I'd like to be friends with.


Bobby Tom, is going thru a really rough time, and makes some major mistakes. In someone else, I might have found them a "deal breaker" but know BT and that inside he has a heart of pure marshmallow fluff, I'm willing to cut him some slack. I find his need to give, lets him be taken advantage of, and his guilt for having it easy, and being successful leads him to become an "easy mark". But how can you not love a guy who's sensitive underneath it all. I also love him, cuz he's flirty even with the chubby girls. He makes a point to make, even the not perfect feel special. Besides, he has 2 names and one is not Bubba! I love a 2 name guy. It's the 3 name guys you have to run from. (like John Wilkes Boothe, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wayne Gacey!) *shudders*


I'm so looking forward to more Chicago Stars!! I highly recommend this book to anyone!!


No comments: