Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sugar Daddy


Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

pgs-418

rated 5 stars (Can you believe it!? I finally gave a 5!)


SHE'S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS

Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas -- if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty is a complication he doesn't need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

HE'S THE ONE MAN SHE CAN'T HAVE When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty is under the spell of a billionaire tycoon -- a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family's past.

Will they find their hearts' desires --or will HEARTBREAK tear them apart?

Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you'll root for every step of the way. A love story you'll never forget.


I don't typically read books written in the first person. And I think, I prefer the third person, cuz you get a broader view! However, I really liked this story! Having lived in a trailer in Texas as a youth, and not being what would be considered the desired specimen of a Texas female, I could relate to Liberty. I actually cried in the scene when she loses her virginity. The raw emotion she was feeling, (not passion!) was so earnest. I feel her story is told with honesty and a believability that would probably have been missing had it been written in the 3rd person. Liberty's voice was so strong, that I'm not sure any other method would have done it justice.


I really liked the conflicted Hardy of Welcome. I knew many boys just like him. We couldn't wait to get away from our small town, depressed upbringing. I just wish he hadn't used her the way he did.


I do feel like the end was a little ...rushed? The turn of events, regarding Hardy, Gage and Liberty! The pace of the rest of the book, was so (not slow) but paced! then the end needed wrapping up, (almost like her deadline was around the bend, or something). However, I will say, that it was the right time, to start wrapping it up. To have dragged out the Gage/Liberty relationship more, would have stalled the plot. IMO!


Gage, **sighs**! I love a good brooder. And he's a good brooder!! But, he didn't drag it out tooo much! There is only so much brooding a person can take without wanting to shake him til his teeth rattle. Gage, was that perfect balance, of brooding/humor/normalness! I think he was blond in the book, but my mind's eye has him as a dark haired guy! **sighs again**


Now, will I read Blue Eyed Devil? I think it's Hardy's story with Haven. I probably will, but not right now, cuz I'm mad at Hardy! (that's pretty sick and twisted of me, I know!! Like, I'm punishing a fictional character!!) I hear she has a third coming out soon in this series too! I'll probably read them both! Hardy better behave!!


I may even substitute this for something in one of my challenges! We'll have to see!

No comments: