Saturday, January 24, 2009

Only for a Knight


Only for a Knight by Sue Ellen Welfonder


4 word title


pages 365


rated 2.5 stars


Back Cover:

For ten lusty years, Robbie Mackenzie has savored the sensual pleasures that only a man with no wife can taste. To the lassies of Scotland, he is a living legend, the sole heir of the Black Stag clan, and a prize catch indeed. But Juliana Mackay has no such interest in the rogue or his powerful family. Her mission--to deliver an unpaid debt for her dying mother--is the only thing that could force her within reach of the wayward knight. That is, until an accidental blow to the head sends her reeling right into the brawny arms of Robbie MacKenzie himself.

In the heat of the moment, their passions ignite. But Juliana has forgotten her own identity, as well as her mission--and Robbie has promised to marry a bride from a rival clan. How can these two star-crossed lovers resist the love that vurns in their hearts...and the desire that consumes their souls?

My Thoughts:

I didn't really like it. I can't put my finger on why. Too much inner dialogue...that didn't add to the story. Some of which was supposed to be mystical or something, but just ended up annoying me. I liked the fellas mostly, but the women were....eh! I'm giving it 2.5 stars because I'm being somewhat generous. I just didn't like it.

No comments: