Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So Into You


By Sandra Hill
#11 Title with an S word for Summer
Rated 4 Stars

Authors Synopsis:

Angel Sabato was an ex-poker champ, bayou treasure hunter, and Playgirl centerfold.

Grace O'Brien is an ex-poker playing nun, folk healer with a secret.

When Grace rejects Angel's love, he hightails it out of Louisiana, but neither of them take into account the wacky Cajun matchmaker Tante Lulu who has them in her crosshairs. They don't stand a chance, nor do the precious orphans being rescued by the new Jude's Angels Foundation.
My Thoughts:

I've been a fan of The Cajun Books and the Jinx Books by Ms Hill for some time. We met Angel and Grace in Pink Jinx. We are reintroduced to them in wild Jinx. I came to like them very much. I enjoyed that they were fun. For example Angel was always cracking Nun jokes with a dirty twist to Grace.

I liked So Into You, but found that the interactions were less....witty than I'd come to expect. We don't see the banter between Grace and Angel that I'd have liked. Yes, Tanta Lulu is there and she brings all the hilarity that you'd expect from her. We also catch up with the LeDeux men including Dan and Aaron. I have a feeling we'll get to know Dan more very soon.

Anyway, Grace is keeping a big secret and just knows that telling Angel (who has been her best friend for years) the truth will ruin their friendship. Really!!! Her big bad secret is that she got pregnant at the age of 16 and gave the baby up for adoption. Ooooooo! I know! Listen, in this day and age, that's the least problematic secret. I mean, if she's fessed up to being born male or something....Now that would have been a real problem. Geez!


I liked it better than Pink Jinx, but it is not my favorite. I'm hoping for a return to the books I know and love with her next book.
Photobucket

No comments: