Monday, July 23, 2012

Lydia Dare Series

Recently, I tried a book by Lydia Dare.  It Happened One Bite, was the title.  I think it was probably free or heavily discounted on Amazon for the Kindle app on my phone.  I still don't actually have a Kindle, but thank God for the App on my Android!!  So, back to Lydia Dare...This book is part of a series call the Gentleman Vampires.  It was about a Vampire who was trapped in a castle "asleep" by a coven of witches.  Then 19 years later the daughter of one of those witches, a witch herself, went with her brother who'd inherited the castle and upon her arrival the Vampire woke up.  They meet, struggle and fall in love, as happens in romance novels.  We meet most of her 4 coven sisters, but Caitron was off marrying some fella she'd just met. 

I did a little research and found that Caitron's book is happening concurrently to Blair's and each of the coven sisters books happen concurrently with another book in the series.  I felt like the coven sisters were the characters that bind the group of books into a series but that is not how the writing duo known as Lydia Dare has them organized. I hate when that happens.  Why can't everyone organize their book series in such a way as to make it easy on me.  In just the way I would do it.  Is that too much to ask?  No! 

I have read the 5 books in the Coven series, (Hear that Lydia Dare? Coven Series) and I liked them all.  Had a small issue with Cait's book, but I forgive you.

If you like historical paranormal-vampire and Lycan (werewolf) then you should totally try them.  I will list them in the order the author recommends.

Wolfishly YoursTall, Dark and WolfishA Certain Wolfish CharmThe Wolf Next DoorThe Taming of the WolfThe Wolf Who Loved Me

Westfield Wolves     

                                       It Happened One BiteIn the Heat of the BiteNever Been Bit


Gentleman Vampires                     


Photobucket

No comments: