Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mine Til Midnight

Mine Til Midnight by Lisa Kleypas 
book cover of 

Mine Till Midnight 

 (Hathaways, book 1)

by

Lisa Kleypas#1 in the Hathaways
5 stars

Back Blurb
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton . Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for  tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan. Wealthy beyond most men's dreams, Cam has tired of society's petty restrictions and longs to return to his "uncivilized" Gypsy roots. When the delectable Amelia appeals to him for help, he intends to offer only friendship--but intentions are no match for the desire that blindsides them both. But can a man who spurns tradition be tempted into that most time-honored arrangement: marriage? Life in London society is about to get a whole lot hotter….

My Thoughts:
I've read this book before and loved it.  I don't think, I "Got" the Laura story line the first time I read it.  Isn't it interesting how the second or even third time you read a book, you don't focus so much on the Main plot but can really pay better attention to the subplots even the sub-subplots.   

I like Cam Rohan greatly and Amelia Hathaway seemed much more sympathetic this time.  I think last time, I kinda thought Amelia was sort of a control freak.  And maybe she is, but it really does come out of a place of love.  She feels the overwhelming responsibility to take care of her 3 sisters and her broken brother.  The feeling is compounded when she feels that those in her family most namely said brother and sisters, either refuse or are unable to help her.  Throughout it all she still maintains some of her humor even if it is not always present. 

Cam has been cursed with good luck.  As a roma, He does not espouse the collection of earthly things, and money.  To own land, a home, fine clothes, etc is all a waste and a burden.  So as he tries to spend the money he unwillingly earns by investing in dicey ventures, those ventures keep making him wealthier.  (Much to his chagrin!)  It's a source of amusements to his friends.

Unfortunately for me, the ending felt sort of abrupt.  I think I wasn't ready for it to end.  Ultimately!  I say, Try It, You'll Like It!


Photobucket

No comments: