Saturday, September 22, 2012

Gluten Free Goodness

So I found some very interesting gluten free flour. My local grocer carries the small package of Bob's Red Mill flour. It is a nice substitute but kinda pricey. I think I paid around $6.00 for this package and it weighs a little over 1 lb.  The other package pictured is a fine rice flour from my local IndoPak market. It was less than $3.00 for 4 lbs.  Not pictured is another flour from my favorite IndoPak market that is called Besam flour which is butter yellow in color and made from ground chickpeas. I use it mostly in savory dishes. Frying and gravies etc and it has such a good flavor. It was also very affordable.  I think about $2.00 for 4 lbs.

So if you have a local asian market or indo-pak then check it out. They are a treasure trove of exotic flours and rices and rice pastas.

Enjoy and Bon Apetit


No comments: