Thursday, April 23, 2009

American Idol

I have mixed feelings about American Idol. While this week we saw Lil Rounds and Anoop Disai (sp) leave, I feel somewhat sad. I'm not really that sad about seeing Lil go. I know some will be upset, but for some reason I just didn't connect with her. She was good, (much better than I could ever be) but I just didn't dig her. Anyway, my conflict comes with Anoop. I do not think he has the best voice. I do not think he is the most marketable. But I like him!! I mean, I root for him like crazy. I want Danny to win. Just so we are all clear, but there is something about Anoop. I think, he is someone I'd enjoy sharing a meal with. I'd like to hang with him, maybe set him up with a friend....Therefore that is what gives me my conflict.



Danny Gokey's back story touched a nerve with me, and I love his voice. He also seems like a stand up, grown up guy. I like that he is a sincere guy.

Adam, probably has the most talent of every contestant, but I just don't dig him. I have some friends who don't like him, cuz he bats for the other team. ::Like I care:: Some who don't because he wears more make-up than 1988 Tammy Faye Baker.::Don't hate--Appreciate:: Still others who don't because of what he did to Ring of Fire. ( That was kinda crazy! Poor Johnny Cash is still rolling over in his grave!) But for me, I just have no interest in him. He has to "frankenstein" every song, and I don't find him personally compelling. He has the voice of an angel, but so far he doesn't sing anything in a way that makes me want to listen.

Allison, is a cutey to me. I like her rock-ee vibe, but to me she is blah. Now, I will say that she shows waaaaaaaay more poise and polish for a girl of 16 than any I've met, and to be doing what she is doing is phenominal! So, snaps for Allison. ::snaps snaps:: But, I'm not that interested in what she's going to sing next. I also hate that hair. I think she'd be much edgier with black and purple or something, but that bright red, is kinda hard on her features and coloring. (or maybe my tv is going out. It's possible!)

Chris is way cute and if I were 22....I think he's waaaay marketable and has a good voice. I don't think it's the best in the competition, but it's darn good. He also, seems to be a down to earth guy. I hope his young marriage can stand the strain that the music business can bring, with touring and all that.

Matt, I'm glad the judges saved him last week, cuz I like him better than Lil. I'm not sure how marketable he is, and I think he has a decent voice, but I figure he'll be gone soon. I don't think he should make it to the finals.



So, that's my wrap up of the final five. Now....who do I think should make it to the finals? Adam and Danny. I want Danny to win, but figure Adam will. Those judges are all about Adam. Of the final 7, who would I like to have dinner with? Anoop, Danny and Chris. For some reason they just look like people I'd enjoy chillin with.


2 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Gotta say I'm going for Adam. To me he the most adventuresome out of the box singer I've ever seen and even if one doesn't appreciate what he does to a song like Ring of Fire (which I did like by the way *g*) one has to admire him for taking chances.

Pat R said...

poor Anoop; but at least he is really likable... there's a lot of other things he can well I'm sure