Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Corset Diaries


The Corset Diaries by Katie MacAlister


Title with a "D"--
pages 336


Rate 4.5 Stars


Back Cover:

No woman in her right mind would consent to wearing a corset for a month. Especially a "skinny-challenged" woman like Tessa. But dreams of being debt-free dance in her head at the offer of appearing in a reality TV show. "A Month in the Life of a Victorian Duke" is about real people pretending to live on an English estate, circa 1879. And Tessa's leading man-a real-life Duke-is so handsome she can barely breathe, with or without the corset...


My thoughts:

This book Cracked Me Up! And I love that! You can call me fluffy, but you can't call me stuffy! I laughed until I cried/snorted/almost peed my pants. Was it slapstick? Yup! There were moments of hilarity, and it was in many ways sophomoric. But sometimes, ya just need a good snort, and this kind won't get you 5-10 in jail! (Ha!) Sure some of the plot lines were farfetched, but so are some of the plots of some of my favorite romantic comedies. If you're in the mood for a light, fun read, try Katie MacAlister. If you're in the mood for heavy, angst-ridden drama...um this might not be for you. It was exactly what I wanted and needed. Yay! Me!

No comments: