Thursday, December 11, 2008

How to Knit a Wild Bikini


How to Knit a Wild Bikini by Christie Ridgway

Book published in 08

pages 277

rated ???3-4 stars






Back Cover:


The beachside knitting shop Malibu & Ewe is the perfect place for L.A.'s hip young crowd to enjoy colorful yarn and intimate conversation. For personal chef Nikki Carmichael, it could be the softest place to land if her new job falls through. Working for magazine writer Jay Buchanan has come with some strange conditions--like pretending to be his girlfriend. As for Jay, he finds himself drawn to the kitchen, where he’s intrigued by his sexy cook's ability to withstand the heat between them. And now he thinks it’s time to turn up the flames.





My Thoughts:


Well, I'm not sure what to say. I liked the book. I found some of the subject matter difficult. Personal stuff with me, so ...Was it well written? I guess. I found myself skimming. That's probably not a great sign. I felt like Shanna and Jorge's story was...hmm.. underdeveloped. I would have loved to see more of them. Maybe give them their own, story or something. It felt a little odd, to me. Why are they there? It didn't seem to relate at all to Jay and Nikki's story, but was some aside! I liked the way Gabe and Cassandra were written here. They were introduced, but not wrapped up with a bow. Also, there was enough of a teaser, that makes me want to get to know him better. Why is he so tortured? How is he going to heal, and how is she going to get him to let her in? I'll probably look for Gabe and Cassandra's story, but will probably have to read the other one of the three to get the between story. I'll probably give it a 3. It was alright.





I did get a kick out of all the lesbian innuendo! That cracked me up.

No comments: