Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Scandal in Spring


by Lisa Kleypas (4th in Wallflower series)


#6 "Spring" Title/Cover


rated 4 stars


Back cover:

After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. Now. And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses--the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.

Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never admits defeat, and she decides to do whatever it takes to marry someone...anyone...other than Matthew. But she doesn't count to Matthew's unexpected charm...or the blazing sensuality that soon flares beyond both their control. And Daisy discovers that the man she was always hated just might turn out to be the man of her dreams.

But right at the moment of sweet surrender, a scandalous secret is uncovered...one that could destroy both Matthew and a love more passionate and irresistible than Daisy's wildest fantasies.


My Thoughts:

I liked this alot. I know that it was 4th in a series of 4, and I haven't read the other 3. I know that everyone I know, who've read these, liked the others better. So, that tells me that I'm really going to like them. Don't get me wrong, this was not a perfect book. It did well until the end, when the wrap up seemed kind of rushed. ...reveal big secret...tragic accident...miraculous discovery...then fast forward and everyone lives happily ever after. I'd have much preferred some of the angst, and relationship development that should have taken place during the fast forward.


I liked Daisy and Matthew. I liked Evie (who intrigues me!!) and Annabelle. I found Lillian...overbearing. I'll give her some space since she was pregnant and all, but geez get over yourself. Maybe I'll like her better upon reading her story. I liked Marcus very well, but had no real engagement from the other 2 fellas. I'll have to meet them when I read their stories. This was my first historical by Lisa Kleypas and it won't be my last.

No comments: