Thursday, July 23, 2009

Delicious


by Susan Mallery (1st Buchanon Series)


Read for Readers of Romance Summer Challenge


Rated 4 stars


Synopsis:

Cal Buchanan needs a top-flight chef to take over his failing Seattle restaurant, The Waterfront. He can afford to hire the best in town--the only problem is that the best happens to be his ex-wife, Penny Jackson.


Penny really needs this opportunity, but she doesn't need the distraction of working with her ex. She's sworn off romance--she's even having a baby on her own. But before she knows it, the heat is on...and the attraction between her and Cal moves from a low simmer to a full boil!


The rest should be easy as pie, but a secret from Cal's past could spoil everything. Maybe it's true that too many cooks spoil the broth--or maybe two is enough to make it irresistible.


My Thoughts:

Susan Mallery has been hit and miss with me so far. I first read Accidentally Yours and loved it. (Ate it up!) Then I read the Keyes Sister Trilogy. It was alright. I'd heard some good things about those Buchanons, so I was very hopeful! This is Cal and Penny's story. He is the oldest Buchanon and Penny is his ex-wife. I felt like Ms. Mallery wrote well the interplay between 2 exes. I liked that Penny wanted to make Cal "eat crow" a little bit, and that he knew it. I liked that there was plenty of banter between them, but also with her friend Naomi, Eduardo, and the rest of the Buchanons. I love the friendships that she wrote so well.


I will definately be reading more of those Buchanons. Very soon!!

No comments: