Monday, July 6, 2009

Line of Scrimmage


by Marie Force

#1 Sports Theme

Rated 4.5 Stars


Back Cover:

She's given up on him and moved on...
Susannah finally has a peaceful, calm life and a no-surprises man. Marriage to football superstar Ryan Sanderson was a whirlwind of passion, heat, energy, and excitement, but Susannah got sick of playing second fiddle to his team, watching women throwing themselves at him, and living in terror of the hard hits he took on the field. With their divorce just days from being final, she's already planning a wedding with her new fiance...
He's finally figured out what's really important to him. If only it's not too late...
Ryan has just ten days to convince his soon-to-be ex-wife to give him a second chance. He has just brought home his third championship and his career is at its pinnacle, but during the year of their separation, Ryan's come to realize it doesn't mean anything at all without Susannah...


My Thoughts:

I love a comeback story. I love a football story and a strong female lead. I did feel like some of the plot devises were a stretch, but it's a book, and we are supposed to suspend reality. With that being said, I loved Ryan. He was a totally "stand-up" guy. He had honor and integrity in abundance to go along with a great set of abs. :::check out the cover::: I liked that Susannah was a strong woman. I felt their pain, and growth. I would've liked the ending to be a little less abrupt. It wasn't the story, but the method. It just didn't feel totally resolved. I love an epilogue, but don't want it to replace a good ending.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have to agree with the ending, that being said I really liked this book. It could be because I watched my parents go through a really rough time after one of my younger brothers died suddenly.