Friday, July 11, 2008

Camp Kitchens


So, from my last post, you know I went to church camp, again. I was a little mmm, concerned about the heat. I have to say, it was just fine. I was kitchen help this week. I spent most of my time in the kitchen. Funny thing, camp kitchens. It was obviously a lot of hard work. 1 1/2 hours of prep for each meal, and usually 1 1/2 hours of clean up from each meal. 9 hours on my feet, and my dogs were barking. But,...I had the most fun. My friend Amy, was there with me and we spent some great time reminiscing about our times in school and camp, and I got to know "Maverick" the full time kitchen Master, (poor guy, I finally started figuring out where everything went by the last evening, but he was soooo patient). Mr. Ed was there and even though I couldn't get him to chop the onions for me, he did do most of the really heavy lifting. Then there was Brittane who came a little late, since someone forgot to call her and let her know we needed her. She's young and fun, and great with helping the kids who took turns helping us clean after each meal. And finally Chris, who lacks only one quality for having the chick-magnet trifecta. He's young and handsome, a musician with that slightly quiet mysterious side. He lacks something that gives him the "bad boy" image like a tattoo or piercing or long hair. But, his ability to do Math first thing in the morning, left me flabbergasted. I'm so glad I went, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the kitchen with music cranking and laughter abounding. I'll definately do it again.

No comments: