Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Carrot Cake

My husband's birthday was last weekend. Woo Hoo! His favorite cake is Carrot Cake. I've made a lot of cakes. I have never made a carrot cake. All that shedding etc. I was more than a little intimidated. He was resigned to eating whatever kind of cake I made.
I was at the store getting stuff and found in the baking aisle a $0.99 box of carrot cake mix. Woo Hoo!! So I get some can cream cheese icing and get to it. I added some crushed pinapple (with juice) and some raisins to the mix and baked it up. It was sooooo good. Almost everyone at his party was asking for the recipe. Wha?? Some one even said it was better than his mother's carrot cake. What a complement! I love dressing up a 99 cent box mix and turning it into something really cool!!

No comments: