Friday, September 12, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Beth (Not Jack Handy)

So, Yesterday, I went to a funeral. It was incredible to see soooo many people there. People came from all over, to honor Him and show support and love for his family. The auditorium was very nearly full. It was amazing to see people come who vowed they'd never cross the threshold of Church again. It really shows what an impact He made.
Which makes me wonder. If it were me..(not in an "it's all about me" sort of way,) would the room be full? I ponder what sort of impact I've made in the lives of others. Would there be dozens of people who'd want to speak? What would they have to say? Would people be saying "I didn't know her very well but..."? What would they have to say about me? What am I known for? Better yet, who knows me? Who's life have I touched? Have I touched it, in a way that made it better? Who's better for having known me?
I say, we make sure we let people know what they mean to us. If someone has meant something to you, past-present-future, then let them know. ACTS 13:15 says " After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the synagogue rulers sent word to them saying, "Brothers if you have a messge of encouragement for the people, please speak."" So, speak. Don't assume they know how you feel. Don't assume, they know how much you care. Speak!

No comments: