Monday, December 3, 2012

25 Days of "What Christmas means to Me"


Day 3 of 25 Days of "What Christmas means to Me"


One thing Christmas means to me is Cinnamon scented pinecones. I used to put them everywhere in my Christmas decorations. In baskets, and on the tree, or just piled in the fireplace we never lit. And every year, I got a massive Christmas cold. Yep, spent many a christmas feeling icky and not able to breath. Hey, Santa what's up with that?





  So, as it turns out, I am allergic to the fake cinnamon perfumes they use in those blessed pinecones, and candles, and in air fresheners. Yep. So now when I am at the craft store, or discount store, or grocery store, or well just about anywhere and I walk past the display of cinnamon-ee decorations, my eyes water, and my nose starts burning. I smell them from aisles away. Kind of a bummer, but now that the fake cinnamon is gone, I am human for most of the season. excepting early mornings, and late nights, and when I'm hungry....but you can't expect me to be human ALL the time.


Merry Christmas Everyone!
Photobucket

No comments: