Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 10 of 25 Days of "What Christmas means to Me"



Day 10 of 25 Days of "What Christmas means to Me" finds us cold here in Texas.  We had snow flurries last night.  Mmm Hmm and it's supposed to be colder tonight.  Lows in the 20's.  I know!  Texas! 

So, my youngest Carpoolprincess came home from school today, and wanted a cup of Hot Chocolate, so today's installment is Hot Chocolate! 

Being a born and raised Texan, I'm not much of a hot beverage drinker, not even coffee!  I know, somehow, I made it through college mainlining my caffeine in it's carbonated form only.  Anyway, I digress.  I don't often drink hot drinks, some hot tea every once in a while, when I'm feeling sick, but usually a hot chocolate every now and again.  Usually, I drink my hot chocolate around Christmas-time. 

I do love to snuggle down on a cool December evening watching a heartwarming Christmas-y show or movie.  I cover up with my puppy-dog snuggie, with a mug of hot chocolate while the lights are dim and the tree is lit.  It's a good way to pass an evening.  One of my three dogs will usually try to snuggle with me, or mooch a marshmallow.  I have a small collection of Christmas mugs.  It's very small as I only have about 8 coffe cups or mugs in total, and 6 of those are Christmas themed.  (I do have a tinkerbell one and one with my initial on it from the wonderful lunch ladies I worked with..) 

So, you might not think Hot chocolate is a Christmas type thing, but for me, it Screams Christmas!  It's one of the few times a year, when I really just stop and sip and snuggle.  It feels like a hug, in a mug.  So everyone raise your warm, chocolatey cup of good cheer.  Add some extra marshmallows or whipped cream if you like, and snuggle down with the ones you love.  Marvel at the tree, you so artistically decorated, and cheer for Good ole George Bailey.  Because, Christmas comes but once a year, so settle back and enjoy! 



Photobucket



No comments: