Saturday, December 22, 2012

Days 18-22 of 25 Days of "What Christmas means to Me"



Days 18-22 of 25 Days of "What Christmas means to Me"
Ok, so with the horrible events of Newtown, I've gotten a little distracted.  I've gotten a little behind here on the blog.  I've been doing some of the same posts or thoughts at least, on Facebook and have done a little better job of staying up to date.  So, today's post will be a little more succinct. 

Day 18: Queen Anne's milk chocolate cherry cordials.  Love these!  They are my favorite and only available in the stores at Christmas time!  Love them and already had a box or two or ..three!  Don't Judge!  It's Christmas!!  Calories don't count at Christmas! 



Day 19: White Christmas, the movie and the song.  (usually together!)  I love Bing, and Rosemary and Danny and "That other chick".   We always watch it, and of course I sing along, and the kids cringe!  Whatever!  Anyway, I love the Sister! song and all of them really except the "Choreography" number which we always fast forward through.  I get choked up everytime General Waverly puts on that uniform and walks into the dining room and there is his platoon, (or some of them anyway).  I'm a sucker for a strong, stoic type! 



Day 20: Salvation Army Bell ringers!  It's a tradition and the sight of them there, at the entrance to the mall and the grocery store is a reminder of those in the community who may be less fortunate.  I never have any cash walking into the store, but will usually try to keep track of my change so I can let the kiddos put it in the bucket on the way out.  However, I have not seen 1 Salvation Army bucket  or Bell Ringer!  Pitiful! 



Day 21:Christmas Carols!  Love them!  Loved singing Rudolph and Frosty and Jingle Bells as a kid!  As an adult, I'm finding myself liking the more traditional hymns and sentimental ones.  My Mother's favorite was always, "O Holy Night". 



Day 22: Santa Claus!  Yep, he has finally made his appearance in the countdown. Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, Jolly Old St. Nick, Pere Noel, Papa Noel, Santa Klaus. He's the magical man to sneaks into your house (chimney or not) with gifts for all the good little girls and boys. He's got lists too. One that's naughty, and one that's nice. He double checks them. He's an animal rescuer. Keeps pets, of an animal that is often neglected and hunted by others.
 



 He helps Mommies and Daddies everywhere keep their little ones on the right path. Although, he does kinda act like uncle everyone has. He shows up, uninvited and eats your cookies and drinks your milk, or in our case tea. He leaves stuff laying around and leaves without picking up after himself. tsk tsk!

Merry Christmas, Everyone and do what you need to do, to stay on the Nice List

Photobucket

No comments: